The Light Garden – Opening Night
2013 January 18 - 2013 January 18
Come and join us for the Opening Night of the Light Garden...!
Bring a picnic blanket, your picnic supplies (or purchase food and drink on-site), sit back and watch the sun set over Sydney.
As the sun goes down, the lights will come on, and you will be able to wander through the spectacular Boulevard of Light and into the magic of the Light Garden. Feast your senses on music, food, entertainment and art. See the Park like never before!
While we encourage you to come early and enjoy your picnic from 6pm onwards, our activities will begin at 7pm.
Download the Program Guide (PDF, 850 kb) here, or pick up a hard copy at the Information Stall on event night.
- Our friend Sean Ryan will perform an Acknowledgement of Country at Cannon Triangle in Centennial Park.
- The world-first screening of "As Small Birds Play" - a short film, with music composed by Corrina Bonshek and filmed by Rachael Jones.
- Live music by Viva - a European Jazz duo.
- 'The Illuminati' stilt walkers will rove through the event site.
- A 'Park After Dark' for kids tour (pre-bookings essential).
- The Light Garden will 'light up' at 8pm, and you will be invited to walk through the Boulevard of Light, the Paperbark Gallery and The Light Garden to enjoy the Park as you've never seen it before.
- The Wish Tree will also be available for you to 'tie your wish for Centennial Park's future' to the tree.
Food and drink
You are invited to either:
- Bring your own picnic supplies; or
- Agape Organic will be on-site serving pizzas, tacos, tapas and desserts.
- Jafe Jaffles will be on-site serving sweet and savoury Jaffles, coffee and drinks.
- Eat Art Truck will be on-site serving their famous Japanese-American style food (menu).
Illuminated bottle water will be available to purchase from the on-site Information Stall.
More info at http://www.centennialparklands.com.au
Go to next event night >>
Meet our wonderful partners, sponsors and suppliers who have helped to make this event possible: